Sunday 24 November 2013

Stir It Up Sunday

Ok so I know Stir It Up Sunday is traditionally for Christmas Pud, but I thought I'd make my mincemeat today....

I use Delia's recipe... You can't go wrong with a bit of Delia.  Except I don't use the almonds; I replace them with Glacé Cherries. So yesterday, we had this: 


I left it overnight in the Laundry Room (no radiator in there so nice and cool).  This morning I put it in a barely warm oven and left it.

3 hours later we had this:


I left it to cool completely, as suggested by Queen Delia in her recipe, before stirring in the brandy and dividing between sterilised jars.


Miss Bags and I will make our mincers later in December....  Watch this space!

Happy Stir It Up Sunday to you... I hope all your wishes come true....! xx

For Delia's recipe see here: 
http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/mincemeat/home-made-christmas-mincemeat.html

No comments:

Post a Comment